Sunday, October 12, 2008

Polsih my boots, peon.



"East meets West" was the name of the benefit dinner and auction we volunteered at last night. People were encouraged to dress up in Asian or cowboy western attire. Although I was tempted to paint my face white and go as a geisha girl, I reverted to my I-don't-so-much-really-like-dressing-up ways and just slipped on my Harley Davidson boots. Andy conveniently has a small plethora of western wear, including his $5 bargain boots. Nothing says "Hey, everybody. Look at me" like a 6'7" white boy in camel colored cowboy boots, a belt buckle and a flannel shirt.

We were gonna get a picture with this guy sporting a kimono, but we thought he might Jackie Chan us, hence the solo couple.And all I can say right now, being 3 months pregnant (not quite, actually), is thank goodness for stretch denim. Trust me, I realize my thighs and booty are ginormous. I really should learn how to pose so I accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.

Andy suggested we create a cowboy boots club. He accepted the nomination to be president (mostly because his boots could totally kick my boots' butt), and announced that his first order of business as president was to make me polish his boots. The club was dissolved right then and there.

7 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

Sweet Boots! And congrats on the pregnancy!

Melissa said...

I love those $5 boots.
Dru dressed up as a Geisha for a Halloween one year.
He looked great, apart from the hair on his face.
I don't think they had hair on their faces.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

can i be in the club! you guys are so cool you could have a "lets pick up dog poop" club and people would join. (oh and i don't have a pair of boots so i will go buy some and if quinn asks why i will just tell him its for the club and he wouldn't understand)

Molly said...

Andrew- you and dad for sure need to wear your cowboy boots together. question:What's scarier than one 6'7 cowboy?
Answer:TWO 6'7 cowboys!
Hil-You look great! Soon your belly will hide everything you might not like anyways. So just enjoy being able to see your feet while you can!

Molly said...

also...why are we not included on your list of family and friends? If you'll notice ya'll are first on mine.

Davis and Laura said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

April said...

Hey, Hill! It's cousin April! I just read through your blog,and I think you hubby is perfect for you! I wish I could have been at the wedding. Well, congrats on such a great match and on the baby!