Thursday, October 23, 2008

If only there were blue leaves too.












I know it's no Louisville,
Lex, but ya still gotta love 'em.
Ain't thousands of tress here
More like ten of 'em.

Leaf colors were stolen
From all over the rainbow.
'Cept for turquoise and pink--
We saw none of those.

Or navy or midnight
Or aquamarine.
Simply red, orange, and yellow
Is all that we seen.

But don't get me wrong.
I ain't a'whinin'.
It ain't the tree's fault;
It's for no lack a' tryin'.

They desperately tried
All them colors to catch.
Blue just took off
Before it was snatched.

Pink was too fast.
Must'a had somewhere to go.
But all them other colors
Were just too darned slow.

But lucky for us.
'Cause, all we'd be seein'
Over and over
Is green after gre-en.

Relish it now
Even if there's no blue.
'Cause red, orange, and yellow
Will soon have better things to do.



8 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

In Gangsta (or gangster to the common folk) Rap 101 I learned that when using the words beginning in T one should always adhere to the rule of "drop the T and add a D" which is succeeded by the rule of when there is Th one should not only drop the T and add a D, but they should also remove the H entirely. For example: "We saw none of those" should be changed to "We saw none of dose". Just thought I'd let you in on a little of my expertise :o). Hope you are feeling well HIlary.
Erin

Molly said...

What a lovely little ditty. Hope you're well. I'm thinking of you guys!

Cindy Zickgraf said...

Hey Hilary! So good to hear from you. How are you feelin? Autumn in Moscow looks beautiful. Are you going to be around town at Thanksgiving? We should get together. Call me and let me know, so we can work something out. Hope all is well. Take Care, Cindy

Emily said...

A. You are cool.
2. I enjoy your blog
D. Jack in the Box? Seriously?
E. Please post more photos of your wedding dress.

That is all.

Thank you.

Becky said...

Oh, we love the fall in Moscow, what great memories! The row of trees lining both sides of the walkway I think south of the law school is the best! Maddog said maybe we'd see you after Christmas? For sure Thanksgiving! We are family fasting for Maddie this Sunday if u r able for her surgery on the 5th. We hope you are feeling ok all the way around Hils; this life has a plan, as we are finding out, just not usually the one we plan on. We love you.

Unknown said...

Hi this is Maddie! I miss you. it was nice talkin to you Hilary! so are you really comin' to l. vegas? That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till Thanksgiving! I will be bored in my dumb "wheelchair" i miss you !!!!! love you!
love,

maddie

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

gre-en huh. you are hilarious. and i've been to heart of alene and i thought that it was very comparable to louisville.

Cicily said...

How nice!I love the fall so much. I've been wanting to go on a hike, but haven't had the chance to yet. I love and miss you guys! Hope that all is well. Been prayin for you!