Thursday, October 2, 2008

Keepin' Busy




If you have never been to Moscow, Idaho before, let me paint a picture. Imagine golden, rolling wheat fields as far as the eye can see. Image a beautiful college campus smack dab in the middle of those same fields. Then image a town where the best shopping is at Ross Dress for Less and the most exciting part of the week is the Farmer's Market on Saturdays. Needless to say, creativity is invented here in Moscow, Idaho.

To keep busy, here's a few things we've done. Andy rocked the fishes world on the St. Joe River; I got my world rocked on the UofI field playing powder puff football; and I'm giving the whole homemade bread thing a whirl. I optimistically signed up a month ago to bring two loaves of homemade bread to a luncheon. Now that I've finally made them, I'm having a hard time cutting the apron strings, if you know what I mean. I can't believe my mom makes bread all the time and never hesitates giving them away. I gotta admit, I'm coveting my loaves.

Speaking of buns in the oven . . . Andy and I are gonna have a little one running around pretty soon. And by "little" I mean young, because anyone who knows the both of us knows that if anyone's kids are gonna be little they ain't gonna be ours.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That's so funny. Even though your kid will be tall it'll be the cutest thing on the block.
Glad to see your finding things to keep busy.

Cicily said...

Mmmm! That bread looks pretty good Hilary. Cole keeps asking me why I don't make homemade bread. Maybe I will give it a try. You have inspired me.

I am so excited for a new baby in the fam! Cole and I better get on it so he'll have a cousin to play with. Then again... you do have 10 siblings in your family. The baby will probably have plenty of cousins to play with.

Miss you guys!!

Cicily said...

I don't know why I said "he". I guess I assume it is going to be a boy.

Molly said...

I've been waiting patiently for you guys to spill the beans so I can tell eveyone I know. Yeah Andrew and Hilary are having a baby! How ya feeling Hilary? I hope better.

Kaila said...

YAY! Kenji told me you were pregnant but I am glad to hear it from you. Plus I heard Andy got an internship here next summer so we are excited to have you living nearby.