Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Kid Can Beat Up Your Honor Student (Not That She Would)

So last week I was giving Norah tummy time which she absolutely hates and it only lasts about 45 seconds at a time because I'm a first-time mom and still hate to listen to her cry (or even whimper). When out of nowhere she rolled over! I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so happy for her. I kissed her, played with her, made her do it again, then immediately googled to see at what age most babies roll over. I was sure she was so early--I mean, she's only three months old. I was thinking to myself while I was searching, "My baby is so smart and strong and coordinated. Surely she's going to be an athlete of Olympic caliber someday."

Turns out three months is normal.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Haha! I ALWAYS think those same thoughts!

Melissa said...

LOL
You're a crack up.
Toughen up Hilga Bilga, she'll survive. Little bit of crying never hurt no one.

Lyric Payne said...

I love it! Your bumper sticker will someday read "my valedictorian can beat your kid in pretty much everything...game on!"

Sijbrich said...

If it makes you feel any better, Belén didn't roll over until she was almost 5 months. Crap. Does that mean she's destined to be in special ed her whole life?