Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ode to Grandma





My mom just left today. I dropped her off at the airport a few hours ago. I cried. She didn't. Guess she was tired of changing diapers, doing laundry, making dinner, relieving me at 5:30 am so I could get some sleep, and a million other things. Not to mention the mommy expertise pumping through her veins that was gained from raising ten kids of her own. Fortunately I was able to tap into that expertise time and time again these past few days. Not quite sure if I'll make it on my own without that lifeline.

May you all be fortunate enough to have a mom like mine.

Thanks, Mom, for everything. We love you!

6 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

Steve says, "don't be a boob"! What a guy! I feel for you, especially knowing that Norah has colic. I wish I were there to help you out. I seriously can't wait to see Norah in person. She is so beautiful.

Lindsay Brummer said...

SO SCARY when mom goes home and you have to be parents for REAL!!! Good luck guys! Just know, after those first two months, it's a lot easier :) and you get more sleep. Hang in there and enjoy that beautiful little person!

Cicily said...

Hey Hilary! Norah is just so dang cute. I CANNOT wait to meet that little cutie. Sorry your mom went home! Love you guys!

Cicily

Erika and Jason said...

It is totally ok to cry when your mom leaves I think I cried for 30 minutes and I would have cried more if I didn't have to drive home. Let me know if you need any help I promise I will be there to help!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

amen sista! mom is the best!

Emily said...

Norah is such a pretty baby! I'm trying to decide who she looks like. I think I see a little more of Hilary in her than Andy. And I not only cried when my mom left, I called her crying 2 weeks later and begged her to come back. I hope you're getting some sleep!