Sunday, January 8, 2012

Top Ten of 2011

I've been seeing a lot of Top 10 lists circulating in the blogosphere lately and I wanted to join in with a humorous Top 10 list of my own. After reviewing some of my old posts and determining that I was actually pretty funny at one point, I've become quite discouraged by the fact that I cannot come up with a single funny thing to make a list of (preposition at the end of a sentence--don't tell my husband).

So, to keep with the theme as much as my noncreative mind will allow, I've resorted to Our Top Ten Photos of 2011 (Consequently, this contribution will be rather copious.).

Here goes, in chronological order.

#1 Don't be fooled by the beauty of it. Living in Moscow has it's pros, but this is definitely not one of them. Needless to say, we're glad to be back in Boise, Land of No Snow.



#2 After little debate, I decided not to post a hospital picture of Norah. Rather, thanks to Katie Rice, we had a lovely welcome at our door upon return from our two-week stay in Spokane's PICU. No one was happier than Norah to finally be home.



#3 No words are needed here, except for the words, "I think my husband is really great!"



#4 One thing leads to another. In this case, picture #3 leads to picture #4: a paycheck. We are now contributing members of society.



#5 Does it ever end? Potty training, I mean.



#6 We figured this was our last Halloween avoiding Fairy/Princess costumes so we swung to the opposite end of the pendulum and dressed her as a man. "Oh, your son is so adorable." We heard that more than once that night.



#7 I prayed for a perfect baby and a perfect baby is what I got.



#8 Norah, Assistant to the Diaper Changer.



#9 Beautiful girl. Beautiful dress. Beautiful dad. Beautiful blessing.



#10 Juniper's great-grandparents (one of whom she is named after) are laughing because they're thinking, "Here, you take her back. We're going home now."

10 comments:

etreiersen said...

I miss Moscow too, but definetly not the snow. I am glad it doesn't snow in Marysville very often.

In picture number 4 is Andy covering up the amount of his paycheck so all if us will not be jealous of the big bucks he is making???

2011 was a big year for your family. Congratulations on your many accomplishments!

Melissa said...

Sorry man I don't miss Moscow one bit.
But I DO love this post you did.
I look at a few blogs and haven't seen this.
I can't be bothered doing it though LOL

Molly said...

This post warms my heart and makes me sad at the same time because I haven't yet met juniper and I haven't seen any of you for a long time.
You all look gorgeous( yes even Andrew)

Emily said...

Wahoo for a blog post! Love the photos. Congrats on a great year. Juniper is darling! We still need to chat. Call me.

Lyric Payne said...

That is one eventful year. I love the picture of Juniper and Andy on her blessing day. I have one like that of Capri looking up at Steve. We are so glad to have you back here.

Mark, Stacy, & Jack said...

Thanks for sharing, love #8, your girls are so cute.

Brett & Hailey Cahoon said...

Great post. Nice recap of the year. I'll be honest, I miss the snow, especially since it's a ski/non-baby year. I LOVE the pic with the grandparents. Great candid.

Rachel Smith said...

You have had an eventful year! Your little family has been so blessed. Can I just say that I love how you said: "assistant to"? hahaha Oh the Office.

marsha jorgensen said...

Memories, Im glad to be a wee small part of all your many joys.

marsha jorgensen said...

Memories, Im glad to be a wee small part of all your many joys.