Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lamentation 1:1

I used to be so clever at writing, brimming with ideas. See, for example, blog post on this blog of Thursday, December 11, 2008. Hilary has told me that my blogging's dull; I just tell her, once again, "you're not the bossa me!" but I know she's right.

Law school has crushed clever writing and now all I can think about is jurisdiction, conjunctive or disjunctive elements in statutes and prima facie cases, and per stirpes with representation inheritance. Those are real things, not like "axio ab delicioso," which phrase I might try on a final now that I am a carefree 3rd year student.

If you knew what I was talking about then you might be a lawyer, and I feel sorry for you (not that you're a lawyer, but because you got weird birth marks on your face)

Which reminds me of my favorite poem I read in a coffee shop in Pocatello, back when I read chapbooks resting on cofee shop tables and not the MRPC.

When I see people with birth marks and funny moles
on their faces and stuff like that,
I laugh at them

And then they see
I don't got no teeth.


At least I'm not studying rocket science.




There's also a good blonde joke waiting to be inspired by this video.
I'm talkin to you, dad, lawyer who does have some cleverness left in him on at least 1/3 of his jokes. .333 is a great batting average.

Love Andy

4 comments:

Strawn Fairy Tales said...

Andy, I feel the same. Yet, I believe it's teaching composition that has robbed me of my internal Blarney stone.

Hilary Jorgensen said...

it's true, guys. his blogging has been below par. but i believe this one just raised his batting average. good work, honey. you're beginning to redeem yourself.

Molly said...

Well you know the old saying "if at first you don't succeed at being a comedian, be a lawyer". Hee, hee. Obviously I should go to law school.
I still think yer funny bro. And yes, dad does still have a little humor left in him. I still remember his famous joke, something about a grocer named Ardy and artichokes, 2 for a dollar and then at the end of it there's a newspaper headline that reads "Ardy chokes two for one dollar" Do you remember it? Oh, that was a classic.
Anywho, I'm just glad to see a new post.
Perhaps we'll see you two and the offspringlet over Thanksgiving?

Lyric Payne said...

Thanks for making me feel smart!