Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Da Bears.


I coach the Moscow High School JV basketball team. We got beat tonight by 65 points by a team with only seven players. I thought teams only lost by that much in heartwarming Disney inspirational movies. The difference between my team and the Disney team, however, is that my team most assuredly will not win the championship at the end of the season like they do in the movies.

Thankfully there's a new rule in Idaho basketball this year--the Mercy Rule. If a team is down by 30-points in the fourth quarter, the game is played with a running clock. That rule has taken effect twice in two games now. And considering we were down by 30 points in the second quarter, I begged the ref to start the running clock right after halftime tonight but he didn't oblige.

The Varsity played after us and got beat by 30, which, by the way, by Moscow Girls' Basketball standards, is not a blowout.

Go Bears!

9 comments:

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Ha ha ha That is the funniest thing that I have ever heard! ha ha That is a great story, I bet that you love being a coach. Miss you a ton! Heide

Molly said...

OUCH! Sorry about the tough times! All that really matters is that the girls have fun. Yeah right!!!!!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

WOW! you guys must suck so bad. but i still wish i were there and could watch your sucky team play. mostly i want to watch you get mad at them and drop kick a basketball again.

April said...

I am with lexi, I would love to watch you coach. Have you really drop kicked a b-ball out of anger? That is funny!
good luck next game! cous april

Tyler & Katie Rice said...

you are in moscow now? i am out of the loop. you your husband looks so good with a toilet seat around his head. haha. happy halloween?

Andrew Jorgensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Jorgensen said...

Hilary is a rage-aholic, indeed. We're gonna beat Lake City tomorrow because I'm wearing my lucky undies.

Katie L. said...

That settles it. I'm coming to your next home game.

Sara said...

We just found your blog and were so excited to hear about all your exciting news. Congrats on being pregnant that is great. We hope all is well