Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dress up: This Time It's for Real!

She says with concern in her voice, "I'm worried about our baby being cute."

“I thought all babies are naturally cute”

“But dressed cute and stuff.”

Hilary had her little party in which her friends showered her with cute shoes; cute sweaters; cute blankets; pretty bows; adorable safety equipment; lovable booklets; frilly flower bands; snuggly sockies; comfy pink furry pajamas; and boss-cute bumbos, boppies, basinets and bouncers.

I thought that dressing up baby dolls was just make-believe fun for little girls. Like killing bad guys all day was for me when I was a boy.

No, having a baby is exactly the same as playing with dress up dolls. *This time it’s for real.*

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Sooooooooooooo Hilary already had her shower?

Molly said...

Andrew you're in trouble. Little girls are soooo hard NOT to shop for. Campbell has twice as many clothes as all the boys in this house combined! It's so fun though.
Wish I could have flown in to B-town for the shower.
PS Hilary, I know posting pregnancy pics for the whole world to see is probably not your thang but I'd love to see some so I can feel sad about how huge I am compared to you.

Cicily said...

I can't wait to see her. I bet she'll be cute and stylin'! I wish I could have been there at the shower too. School is a bit busy right now. Hope everything is going great!!

Sijbrich said...

It's so for real. I have Belen's church outfit thought out days before Sunday and I don't think about what I'm gonna wear until Sunday morning. Sick, I know.

Emily said...

Of course she'll be cute with Hilga Bilga and Andy J as her parents and everyone insisting on showering her with cute clothes!
And Hilary, I can attest that your own kids are MUCH different than babysitting other people's kids. Don't worry-- you really do love your own as much as everybody tells you that you will!